Soccerap is committed to its responsibilities to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people involved in the Soccerap social media website. Soccerap extends this responsibility to every adult involved in youth
football whether as managers, coaches, referees, parents or spectators.
We maintain the conviction that all children and young people have the right to be protected from abuse regardless of their age, gender, disability, race, language, culture, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or social/economic
background. All staff are fully CRB checked at enhanced level.
The Soccerap website has been built in such a way that children can use the website in a safe environment.
- When a player signs up they have to enter a mobile number to receive an activation code to their or their parents mobile phone (no cost).
- All players under the age of 12 need a parents email or mobile number to create an account. Again this can be crossed reference in our system with the age group they sign up to if they lie about their age to create an account.
- A RED report button is on every player’s profile and news page so they have the facility to report anything they are not happy with.
- No one over the age of 16 can interact on the player’s area of the website.
- When a player signs up they have to affiliate themselves to a league and a team. This means no one can sign up pretending to be a player without a team.
- When a team coach is signed up he can see all his teams’ members which are signed up to his team. If there is a player who is not in the named team this can be spotted by both player and team coach and the account can be reported.
- If a player signs up who in turn has not actually signed up and an account has been created by another person this can be reported as players and coaches talk to each other at games and training.
- Coaches can only interact with the players in their team and no other players on the website. Coaches can contact each other via the messaging system on the website.
- The league administrator can interact with every player and coach which has signed up to their league. We cross reference the league administrator with the leagues themselves.